Costco offers a fantastic catering menu for parties, events, and gatherings of all sizes. Their catering platters provide delicious food at wholesale prices that can’t be beaten. Here is an overview of Costco’s catering menu and ordering process.
Types of Costco Catering Platters
Costco has a great selection of pre-made and customizable catering platters to choose from. Popular categories include:
- Veggie platter – Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes with ranch dip. $15.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Cheese board – Assorted gourmet cheeses like brie, cheddar, Swiss, and pepper jack with crackers. $19.99 for 2 lbs.
- Shrimp cocktail – Cooked, peeled shrimp with cocktail sauce. $18.99 for 2 lbs.
- Antipasto – Salami, prosciutto, provolone, Parmesan, olives, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers. $21.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- BBQ chicken – Boneless chicken breasts with tangy barbecue sauce. $19.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Baked ziti – Ziti pasta baked with marinara sauce and mozzarella. $16.99 for 2 lbs.
- Meat lasagna – Layers of pasta, ground beef, ricotta, mozzarella, and marinara sauce. $18.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Chicken alfredo – Fettuccine and grilled chicken tossed in creamy alfredo sauce. $17.99 for 2 lbs.
Side Dish Platters
- Garden salad – Mixed greens with carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and ranch dressing. $9.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Caesar salad – Romaine lettuce tossed with Parmesan and Caesar dressing. $9.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Macaroni salad – Elbow macaroni with mayo, celery, onions, and red bell peppers. $7.99 for 2 lbs.
- Potato salad – Red potatoes in a creamy dressing with eggs and onions. $7.99 for 2 lbs.
- Fresh fruit – Sliced pineapple, grapes, strawberries, melon, and mixed berries. $12.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Cookie and brownie – Assorted fresh-baked cookies and fudge brownies. $14.99 for 40 pieces.
- Cheesecake sampler – Mini cheesecakes in assorted flavors. $16.99 for 12 pieces.
- Chocolate cake – Rich chocolate cake slices with chocolate frosting. $16.99 for 14 slices.
Costco Catering Menu Prices
One of the best things about Costco’s catering menu is its value. You get generous portions for very reasonable prices, which makes feeding large groups easy and budget-friendly.
For example, the veggie platter with ranch dip feeds about 15 people for only $15.99. The crowd-pleasing cookie and brownie platter provides 40 pieces for just $14.99 – that’s only about $0.37 per cookie or brownie!
The large portions make it easy to serve big gatherings without spending a fortune. Costco does all the preparation work and packages the food in party-ready platters.
How to Order Costco Catering
Ordering catering from Costco is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Visit the catering kiosk. Go to the prepared foods section in your local Costco warehouse and find the small kiosk advertising catering platters. This is where you can view options and place orders.
- Choose your platters. Decide which platters you want from the catering menu. Consider how many guests you’re serving and select enough variety and quantity.
- Fill out the order form. The kiosk will have forms to fill out with your platter selections, quantity, date needed, and contact info.
- Submit your form. Place your completed order form in the slot at the kiosk. Some locations may allow phone orders instead.
- Pick up your order. Arrive at the designated time on your event date to pick up your ready-to-serve catering platters!
Tips for Ordering Costco Catering
To ensure a great experience, keep these tips in mind:
- Order early – Give at least 24 hours’ notice, more if possible, to increase the likelihood of getting your platter choices.
- Get a quote – Ask for a total price quote before finalizing your selections.
- Pick a good time – Avoid busy warehouse hours for easier catering pickup.
- Bring ice – Keep cold platters chilled with ice packs in a cooler.
- Watch portions – Note the recommended servings, but adjust based on your event size and guests’ appetites.
Costco Catering Menu Review
Overall, Costco’s catering menu provides amazing value and stress-free party planning. The platters offer crowd-pleasing flavors, generous portions, and wholesale prices that fit any budget.
Ordering is simple with the kiosks available in the warehouse. Just choose your platters, submit the order form, and then pick up your ready-to-serve food on the event date. It takes the hassle out of party prep!
The appetizer, entree, side, and dessert platters provide variety to please different tastes. You can easily supplement with additional produce, drinks, paper goods, and other party supplies during your Costco run.
For easy, affordable catering, Costco can’t be beat. Their catering menu has lots of great options that will make your next event a success.
Popular Costco Catering Platters
Here is a closer look at some of Costco’s most popular catering platters:
- 2.5 pounds
- Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes
- Ranch dipping sauce
- Serves 12-15
This fresh veggie platter is a crowd-pleasing appetizer option. The variety of crunchy veggies paired with creamy ranch dip is sure to please.
Deli Meat & Cheese Platter
- 2 pounds
- Ham, turkey, roast beef, cheddar, Swiss, provolone
- Serves 12
This customizable platter is perfect for DIY sandwich building. Quality deli meats and cheese offer something for everyone.
Shrimp Cocktail Platter
- 2 pounds
- 60 cooked, peeled shrimp
- Cocktail sauce
- Serves 12
Large cooked shrimp with zesty cocktail sauce makes for an elegant appetizer platter guests will rave about.
Fresh Fruit Platter
- 2.5 pounds
- Pineapple, grapes, strawberries, melon, mixed berries
- Serves 15
A vibrant assortment of fresh, seasonal fruits makes a light and refreshing option for any occasion.
Cookie & Brownie Platter
- 40 pieces
- Fresh-baked cookies and fudge brownies
This decadent platter is a sweet way to end any meal. The variety of cookies and brownies satisfies all dessert cravings.
Costco Catering FAQs
What is the minimum order for Costco catering?
There is no minimum order amount or number of platters required. You can order just one platter if you wish.
How early should I place my Costco catering order?
It’s best to place catering orders at least 24 hours in advance when possible. For very large orders, 2-3 days notice may be preferred.
How do I pay for Costco catering orders?
Payment for catering platters is made at the time of pickup. Costco accepts all major credit cards and cash.
Can I return Costco catering platters if I don’t use them all?
No, Costco does not allow returns on prepared food platters. Make sure to order accordingly for your event.
Does Costco offer delivery for catering orders?
Most locations do not deliver catering orders, but some may for an additional fee based on distance so you can inquire.
Is Costco Catering Worth It?
For hassle-free party planning on a budget, Costco catering is definitely worth it. The prices can’t be beat at just $1-2 per serving for hearty platters. Plus you get quality ingredients and lots of variety without time-consuming prep. Ordering is a cinch with the in-store kiosks. Simply pick up your platters on the event date ready to serve. Costco catering takes the stress out of feeding big groups and leaves you time to focus on other party details.
Costco Catering vs. DIY Party Platters
While Costco catering is affordable and convenient, you can potentially save a bit more by making DIY platters. For example, a veggie tray from the grocery store deli might cost $10-12 for a smaller amount than Costco’s $16 platter that serves 15. But you’ll spend more time shopping for ingredients, prepping, and arranging the platters yourself. Ultimately, Costco catering offers great value for the money, quality, and time savings. But DIY can work for smaller events with simple platters.
Reviews of Costco Catering
Costco catering earns rave reviews from happy customers:
“We ordered a combo platter for a retirement party and everyone loved it! Great quality foods and so easy to pick up.”
“Their deli sandwich and wrap platters are delicious. Way better than Subway and so affordable. We get them for office meetings.”
“I was skeptical but the fruit platter was fresh and beautiful for our baby shower. And the price couldn’t be beat.”
“The cookie and brownie sampler platter was a huge hit! My son was so excited for his birthday party.”
“We got the veggie crudités for a work event. Good selection of veggies with the ranch dipping sauce. It went fast!”
Costco Catering Recommendations
Based on reviews and experience, these catering picks earn top marks:
Best Sandwich Platter – Deli Sandwich Platter with assorted freshly made sandwiches.
Best Appetizer – Shrimp Cocktail Platter with jumbo shrimp and zesty cocktail sauce.
Best Side – Garden Salad Platter with mixed greens, veggies, and ranch dressing.
Best Dessert – Cookie & Brownie Platter with assorted freshly baked goodies.
Best Value – Veggie Platter with ranch dip that serves up to 15 people for just $15.99.
Best Seller – The Shrimp Cocktail and Cookie & Brownie platters are long-time top sellers.
Is Costco Catering Right for You?
Costco catering is a great choice for:
- Large events like family reunions, office parties, receptions
- Hosts short on time who want quality with less prep
- Budget-friendly entertaining when feeding big groups
- People who already shop at Costco for party supplies
- Anyone who wants lots of appetizing options in one place
The convenience, variety, and wholesale prices make Costco catering platters a winning choice for many party hosts. Give their catering menu a try for your next event!
More Costco Party Planning Tips
- Shop Costco for beverages, side dishes, paper goods, and decor to complement catering.
- Order a sheet cake from the Costco bakery for dessert.
- Take advantage of Costco’s flower department for beautiful bulk flowers.
- Print photos at Costco Photo Center for personalized signs and displays.
- Shop early; schedule 1-2 trips in the weeks leading up to the party.
- Use Costco platters for engagement parties, graduations, baby showers, and more!